I Live In Korea

My name is Ben Gwynne. I USED to teach English in Incheon, South Korea. Here's some photos, stories, videos, etc.

None of my students ever heard of St. Patrick or his parade, neither did my Korean coworkers, but there’s loads of English teachers in Korea and that includes a decent sized Irish contingency. Anywhere there’s Irish people, there has to be a St. Patrick’s Day Parade. So, Korea, its government and its people did their best to provide an authentic St. Patrick’s Day experience for foreigners and locals alike…

The St. Patrick’s Day parade took place around the Cheonggyecheon stream which runs through the center of Seoul. Imagine a nice little walkway like this going down Broadway in Manhattan for a bit. The parade route was probably half a mile around the stream.


Nothing too crazy, one free Guinness for everyone, a makeshift golf driving range, face painting, music, Motorcycle gangs, dancing, rappers, the usual.........


0 comments: