I Live In Korea

My name is Ben Gwynne. I USED to teach English in Incheon, South Korea. Here's some photos, stories, videos, etc.

I love amusement parks. I had a random day off in the fall and one this past week, and I used those days to check out the two biggest amusement parks in South Korea: Lotte World and Everland. Here’s part two covering Lotte World.

Lotte World is the largest indoor amusement park in the world (also has an outdoor section though too), conveniently located in Seoul.

The 3 funniest things about Lotte World…

1. GUN RANGE

Nothing says fun for the kids like a shooting range.



To dress it up a little bit, why not throw a cartoon character on the storefront with a gat in his hand? Come on in kids!




2. Rip off of Mickey and Minnie




Striking similarities no? They clearly ripped off the 2 feature Disney characters.


3. The misspelling of a relatively easy word.



It baffles me how many misspelled words I see over here. How much would it cost to have a native English speaker proof read all of your signage before you go into business? I understand for a small restaurant or store it’s an added cost which they might think is worth it, but Lotte World is part of a massive corporation, Lotte, which has $40 billion in revenue each year. And you don’t even have someone who can spell Italian right? Come on.


Lotte World was pretty cool though. Really nice Ice Skating rink, decent arcade, standard amusement park fare (churros, iced/sugary drinks, etc.), rides weren’t bad, pretty cheap to get in ($30), etc.

Honestly, this picture is ridiculous. Lucky shot by me.





I also managed to snag some nice videos while on the rides.




Lotte World is a spot worth visiting for anyone spending a year teaching in Korea. Try and pick a good day to go, I’m sure it gets mobbed on the weekends. Lotte World is at the Jamsil Station (#2 and #8 subway line).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Roller Coaster.... does it come in Mens?

Ben Gwynne said...

I don't get it.

Anonymous said...

Nice. thanks for mentioning those

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

I don't really see similarities between the mickey mouse and whatever that is.

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Oh well, to each his own.